Touching from a distance, further all the time

It's out of control.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Brad Renfro deserves more than the Academy could ever give

Just who the hell do they think they are? How could they just completely leave Brad Renfro out of their memorial montage?
I know I speak for many when I say that this is truly one of the most horrible things to ever happen during an award ceremony.

Brad Renfro is an icon, especially to my generation. No one could ever have the same impact on me, and I mean this in the most sincerest way possible. Ever since I was a little girl, I've looked up to his work. And yes, I've had quite the movie star crush on him for nearly fourteen years. Most of the reason I've been watching during this award season is because I wanted to see the tributes and witness the impact of two of my fallen childhood/lifelong idols, Brad and Heath Ledger. I was honestly devastated when I didn't see a part of Brad's legacy on that screen, and while I know that his impact will live on in my mind no matter what, I just can't believe anyone could leave out such an accomplished actor during the one final moment he'd have to be a part of a ceremony.

Hollywood, forsake thee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home